Very quiet start to the day ....

6th August 2023 (Sunday)    09.45.... I had a really enjoyable ‘paper run’ this


morning.   It is one of those balmy, peaceful mornings, when everything seems to slow down.     For the time of morning there was a lot of action on the bay and beach.   The beach should be busier later.... ‘light rain showers and light winds’ being the weather forecast.   I have a washing on the line but I doubt if it will dry ;  unless the wind freshens.



18.30   The Men’s World Championship road race, from Edinburgh to Glasgow was my TV today.   I only watched bits of it now and again, then the last 30 minutes;  a 10 lap circuit around Glasgow streets wasn’t the most interesting racing to watch.... too many corners.    Glasgow has some bonnie buildings but it’s not in the same league as Paris and the Avenue des Champs-Elysees.   Protesters glued themselves to the road and that held the race up for 50 minutes:  Having glued themselves to the road the Police didn’t have to look for the ‘culprits;  and the local council have an address (five addresses in fact) to send a bill to.... quite considerate of protesters when you think about it.   The race was won by the Dutch cyclist, Mathieu van der Poel.


20.30   The washing, that I didn’t think would dry, is dry.... the day having turned into a ‘good drying day’ after all.    I don’t think we had any rain;  unless we had one while I was having a siesta.   I know it was warm when I was working in The Hutte.   I haven’t seen ‘Blob’ for a while, but I have a young Wren in the garden.  Blob usually ‘disappears for a while at this time of year then makes an appearance when there’s a touch of winter in the air: he might appear tomorrow!

‘M’ (Margaret) in New Zealand is firing on all cylinders this morning.... but it’s raining in Otaki so she won’t get out for a walk.   She doesn’t play bowls now, but goes to the Club’ to spectate and have a cuppa with ‘the girls’.  

I haven’t been ‘out’ since going for the paper; that reminds me; I haven’t read ‘Oor


Wullie’ yet!   I’ll do that after this update. 

According to the weather forecaster, tomorrow’s weather is goin to be ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’... and the temperature lower than it should be for this time of year.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....