Really quiet morning ....

16th October 2023 (Wednesday)    10.00 .... I was thinkin’ “wall to wall”

Edinburgh in early morning sunlight.

blue sky when I got up this morrrrrrrrning;  and was disappointed to find a “wall to wall” grey sky instead.  However, Edinburgh was bathed in early morning sunshine and looking much nearer than it actually is, so I managed to get a reasonably clear photo of Edinburgh Castle.     The weather forecast is not bad for KY9;  “light rain showers and a moderate breeze”.... with the grey sky breaking up by midday.

The paper has been uplifted and I visited the harbour;  everything seems hushed this morning, even the Redshanks were piping quietly!

11.30   I had to bike up to the ‘hole in the wall’ to get some cash (not something I use much of nowadays) and discovered that 10.30 (ish) is a reasonably quiet time on the roads.   I came home by way of the A917 to St Ford the down the Ferry Road, stopping at the Pony Field to get some photos of the view.


Kirsty, Myra and ‘the boy’ (alias The Team) are going to the 19th for lunch today;  that saves me having to bother about food and also means that I can have a ‘fish supper’ lunch!   I’m a ‘happy boy’!


21.00  We (the girls and me) enjoyed lunch at the 19th;  good company, with good food as always.   The 19th was busier than I expected it to be on a Wednesday;  but, although the Scottish schools went back today, the English schools are still on holiday so we have plenty of holiday makers around.   There’s no doubt that the East Neuk is a popular holiday destination; that said the weather has been a bit of a letdown for the past few weeks.  Today has been pleasant; warm but not too hot.   Tomorrow is going to be sunny and warm after the early morning cloud evaporates.

I’ll go out on the bike first thing to get the paper; then, after breakfast, I’m going to


Methil to annoy Alice, and do some shopping for the weekend.   At the moment Sunday looks like being the next really good day for biking.   The 'plan' is to do Balcarres Estate soon.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....