Beautiful, 'old fashioned' August morning ....

20th August 2023 (Sunday)    07.00 ....  We have a beautiful, warm, calm and


peaceful ‘August’ morning;  the kind of morning that could have me ‘not working’.    There’s a washing going through the machine, I’m having a cuppa.... and the bike is ready for action.... and so am I.   I’ll go for the  paper after this update... and after another cuppa.  Although it was warm last night I had a reasonable night’s sleep..... and I'm ready to have a play day’.

09.45   It is a cracker o’ a morrrrrrrnin’.... I’ve been for the paper, visited the harbour and had breakfast.   Now I need a cuppa before I go up to Chapel green.   After Chapel Green the ‘plan’ is to do, at least a smidgen o’ work, before a lite bite lunch.

21.00   I didn’t get up to Chapel Green today because I got absorbed with drawing;  and finished ‘Kinneuchar Kirk from the SE’.   The drawing is based on a sketch by Rev Sime (1818) the original of which is held in the Historic Environment Scotland archive.   I even took a photo of it to let you see what I have been doing.   The ‘Kinneuchar Kirk’ in


the drawing is the ‘converted’ pre Reformation kirk thought to have been built around 1250.  I am going to draw what I think the pre Reformation kirk would have looked like before it was converted to suit the Protestant religion.... again using Rev Sime’s sketches of 1818.

I’m feeling slightly ‘under the weather’ tonight;  it might be that I did too much gardening yesterday.... but I feel as I have a cold/bug coming on.   I’ll have a Janice Toddie instead of hot chocolate before going to bed.

Ferry Road has been busy with incoming holiday traffic today... that was another reason I didn’t go out on the bike. 

My washing dried.... but in nearly got caught with the one shower we had this


afternoon.  Fortunately I was in The Hutte at the time and saw the cloud coming over and got the washing in just as the first big drops began.   It was only the edge of the shower so it didn’t last long.  ‘Light rain with a fresh breeze’ is our weather for tomorrow;  I’m looking for sunny spells.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....