Warm with showers ....

11th August 2023 (Friday)     08.15 .... The showers that are with us just

Janice.


now (and have been overnight) are going to clear by mid morning to give us long sunny intervals with a fresh breeze.....  and another warm day.   The original ‘plan’ was to go out on the bike early, but the showers scuppered that plan.   I’ll go out on the bike in the afternoon or evening;  right now I’m going to have breakfast.

21.30   We had 23C on the garden thermometer this afternoon; too hot for me going out.....  so I did the ironing.   It had been bonnie summer’s day... and they have been few and far between lately.  Unfortunately it’s back to unsettled weather tomorrow.

I went to Leven to do a shopping in the morning:  I went to Sainsbury’s and got the few bits and pieces I wanted then met Alice and Karen at Starbucks to have a cuppa.  Starbuck’s is OK, but nothing like a the local coffee shop;  I can take the car up Leven High Street now that it has been reopened (after the fires last year) and use a ‘local’ cafe.

I’ve been feeling active today.... but the heat stopped me being active during the hottest part of the day.  I worked on the ‘Kinneuchar project’ once the air had cooled.  


The roads are always busy nowadays;  I guess that’s good for the East Neuk businesses, but the “come to the East Neuk and take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life” is sort of lost when it’s full of hustling and bustling drivers.   Mind you, I meet a lot of interesting people to talk to nowadays so I’m happy.  

There’s a ‘high chance of precipitation’ first thing tomorrow morning but the afternoon should be bright and sunny with showers;  that means an ‘intermittent chance of precipitation’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....