Lovely morrrrrrrrrning ....

13th August 2023 (Sunday)      08.30.... It was overcast and damp when


looked 
out at 05.30 so I didn’t go out on the bike;  I went back to bed and got  up at 06.30.   The early cloud has evaporated and we have an almost wall to wall blue sky now.   I have been doing ‘ousework but I’m fed up o’ that and intend going out to play after breakfast.  Showers are forecast for the afternoon.

14.00   I had a pleasant run up to Kinneuchar (on the bike) for this morning’s exercise;  and to get a few photos to ‘play with’ later.   I don’t often go out with the camera in the middle of the.... because the roads are busy and I’m not keen on the middle of the day heat.   We had a frisky breeze so it wasn’t too warm.

I was taking some pictures o’ coo’s in a field by the Balbuthie road when I thought I heard someone say “Albert”.   When I turned round I discovered that I had heard the word “Albert”;  it was Barbara on her pony.   That was a bonus photo that I hadn’t expected!   Barbara continued on her way round the field(s) and I went on to Kinneuchar.

Main Street - Kinneuchar.

19.30   The showers that were mentioned in our weather forecast have been around, but we only caught the edge of a couple;  I thought I heard a rumble of thunder in the late afternoon;  on checking the ‘lightning Strike’ site the nearest strike was off Kinghorn, so I might well have heard a rumble.    I wanted to go up to Chapel Green this evening but the sky is looking ominous.   I’m going to ‘cut my tae nails’ instead.

I have enjoyed a mixed day of work and play;  a bit of ‘ousework and the run up to Kinneuchar in the morning;  and watching the Women’s Road Race (intermittently) and working in The Hutte in the afternoon.  There are big spots o’ rain hitting the window so that’s the biking off.... until early tomorrow morning.

It will be 14 years come Friday (18th August) since Maggie died.   When I was hanging


out the washing yesterday I got round to thinkin’;  “how did Maggie manage to do all this ‘ousework etc. without me helping her?”   Then I thought ... “it’s probably because I wasn’t helping her that she was able to do it"!   I used to help her when we to the supermarket;  she always found a few surprises in the trolley when we got to the checkout.  Although we ate most of the 'surprises....we had a huge selection of flowery napkins at one time.   I still have some in the cupboard. 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....