Fresh morning .....

29th August 2023 (Tuesday)      07.00 .... There’s been a light shower o’ rain

Elie House.

since I first looked out, but the forecast is ‘good’ and it looks like it might have been a rogue light shower;  showers aren’t expected until the afternoon.   I’ll have another cuppa.... and see how the weather settles before going for the paper.  

10.45  It’s a bonnie morning but cool in the fresh NW breeze.... as I found out when I went for the paper.  I photographed my way through Elie Estate, picked up the paper, chatted to Iain and Dave, then went down to the harbour and arrived back at Ivy hungry and ready for a cuppa.   The ‘plan’ now is to have another cuppa then ‘work’  with the pencils and pens.

2030    I have had an active day;  out on the bike for a decent distance.... and got a lot done with the pens and pencils.   The Kinneuchar Kirk project drawing will be finished tomorrow morning.   I have another drawing I want to do with the pens and pencils so I might begin that tomorrow; it’s Royal Burgh Project.


George (Gordon) is in hospital having had difficulty walking recently:  I don’t know which hospital he is actually in but I imagine it will be the Vic (Kirkcaldy).   I had morning coffee with George, in his Mackie Housing flat a few weeks ago and he seemed fine: Slower than he’d been but made a good cuppa and chatting away about Kinneuchar.   I found the flat far too hot for my breathing and had to leave after half an hour.   No wonder George falls asleep easily.  Older age comes easily; it’s adjusting to the attachments that come with age that takes time.

Although it has been a mostly sunny day, the breeze and direction of said breeze took a

South Entrance to Elie Estate.

few degrees off the temperature;  it was cool.... and still is.  It’s more of the same tomorrow; ‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’ is the forecast.... with a low chance of precipitation.    I’ll get out early then work around Ivy, taking ‘time out’ as necessary.   ‘Time Out’....is that not some kind o’ chocolate biscuit?    Anyway tomorrow is a working/rest day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....