Overcast .....

2nd August 2023 (Wednesday)     08.00 .... Although it’s ‘fair’ just now, the


sky is heavy towards the SE.... and moving our way;   the rain that’s mentioned in our weather forecast isn’t far away.  That said... I'm looking for sunny spells later in the afternoon.   I’ve been for the paper (in the car)  but didn’t go down to the harbour;  when I reversed out of the parking space the car was facing West so westwards I went.     Must go ‘slight flap on’ .... I’m hungry!

I’ve been thinkin’ (it's breakfast thing):  In spite of the Planet being in a perilous state, most of the politicians the world over are still running their individual countries to benefit whichever group of people they represent.... i.e. ‘The Party’.  Surely the time has come to put ‘Mother Earth’ first.   I’m going to become a Great Granddad at the beginning of 2024 and I’m thinking Great Grandchildren and future!   What kind of Planet will our Great Grandchildren have to grow up in?   Not a healthy one if today’s politicians continue on the ‘Party’ political route.   Everybody’s descendants (even the politicians bairns) are dependent on the quality of politician that ‘governs’ the planet;  surely our descendants must come before the selfishness of any single ‘Party’.


19.30    I’ve had a busy and interesting day.  I went to Leven to visit Alice, then we’d go and visit Jim Wilson (Colinsburgh boy) and Christina, Alice’s friend, both of them residents of  Scoonie Care Home (Leven).   I think Jim recognised our names from his younger days: he is looking content and well.  We left the Care Home when the Staff began to organise the residents for their lunch.

On the way back to Alice’s we dropped in to see Karen (Alice’s daughter), where we had a cuppa, goodie and chat.   Karen has a beautiful, and eye catching mural on her dining room wall; painted by one of her friends.  The colours are fantastic.   I didn’t take a photo as it isn’t quite finished.  From Karen’s we went to Sainsbury’s to do a small shopping.... then on to Alice’s HQ, where we had lunch before I set off for Ivy.

Back at Ivy I did what I always do: made a cuppa and fell asleep in front of the tele. 

21.45   We’re having a spell of ‘mixed’ weather just now... disappointing for this time of


year.   We were lucky with the weather today;  the rain kept to the ‘sooth side’ of the Firth.   Tomorrow weather should be brighter than it was today.... I might put a washing out first thing.   Thundery showers are forecast for the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....