Peaceful morning .....

3rd June 2023 (Saturday)     08.30 .... It’s a quiet, sunny morning with only a


light breeze off the sea:  this could be a ‘play’ day.   I’ve been to Elie for the paper and visited the harbour;  the tide was out so there wasn’t much going on.... it will liven up by mid morning.   I imagine the beach will be very busy later.  High tide is at 14.47.   





21.00   It has been another bonnie day, and is ending as it began ....bonnie and quiet.   I enjoyed my few hours with Alice;  we didn’t go to the shops or anything.... just had quiet time blethering and sitting out in her back garden in the warm sunshine.  Actually I think I might have touch of sunburn.    We had a salad lunch followed by a meringue with strawberries and ice cream:  having food with someone is far better than eating alone.  


Back at Ivy I watched the FA cup final (between the two Manchester teams);  I only saw the first goal because I kept falling asleep.   I saw the goals in the replays at the end.   Manchester City beat Manchester United 2 – 1.   I had an afternoon coffee to waken me up then went out to the Hutte to draw;  I should finish the ‘Jock o’ Buchlyvie’ memorial slab sketch tomorrow.   Tomorrow is going to be a quiet, rest day; I’ll go up for the paper, then up to Chapel Green Lane to have morning coffee with Heather, Ray and Alistair.  The bike battery will be need charging after that; I hope to go for a slightly longer ‘run’ on Monday.    The weather forecast for the rest of the week is ‘good’; apart from the onshore breeze... so I can go for the longer run almost any day

next week:   unless we have a quick change with the weather.  There is the chance of haar/low cloud being around early and late.

I’m ready for my bedtime chocolate after a ‘busy’ and enjoyable day.  I woke up feeling lethargic today so a restful day was what I needed.   Tomorrow will be another ‘restful’ day.   I should be loupin' aboot aw ower the place after that.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....