Lovely morning ....

25th June 2023 (Sunday)    09.00....  There’s a bit of cloud around and the air is


definitely cooler;  in fact its comfortably cool after yesterday’s heat.    I’ve been for the paper, and visited the harbour... and hung out a washing.   I’m now wondering if I should to go to the Vintage Rally:  I’ll phone Alice after I make a cuppa and have breakfast.




19.00    Alice was happy to go to the Vintage Rally at the Fife Heritage Railway (Kirkland Yard):  so I louped intae the car and was in Methil before the kettle had boiled.   We had a cuppa, then we both louped intae the car, and were at the Fife Heritage Site in ‘nae time’.  We had no problem mooring up the car and didn’t have too far to walk to the entrance.  There was a big and varied selection of vehicles on display with owners willing to chat about their ‘loved ones’... some even mentioned their wives.  It was a bit humid and hot by the time we got round tall the exhibits.... and my knee was not in a good mood.  We found a stall that was handing out water, and other freebees (the

Network Rail stand) and even found a seat to give the old knee bone a rest.  We finished ambling round the rally but my knee was troublesome so we didn’t go the actual Rail Heritage bit.  We went back to Alice’s and had a cuppa, during the consuming of which I decided that I’d go back to the vintage rally to see if Graham had arrived with the vintage PO van.   Alice was happy to go back with me so we did that.... but no PO van.   Unbeknown to me Graham had the van down at the Heritage Railway site;  which we didn’t visit because of my sair knee.  Alice and I went back ‘home’ (Alice’s home) where we had another cuppa before I set off home:  I was back in Ivy by 14.00 and asleep about 20 minutes later.

22.15   The thunderstorms, that were forecast for Fife, meandered their way up the North Sea;  so... though we did have rain (much needed) in the afternoon, we didn’t have the noise.  

I will be glad when I get my bike back;  it’s because I’m ‘walking’ more that my knee is

'Green Goddess' fire engine.

bothering me.   Tomorrow I am going to ‘work’ on my Kinneuchar kirk project;  a sort of ‘rest’ day:  ‘sunny with a fresh breeze is the forecast’, so a good day for getting things done. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....