Feeling fresh ... so is the air .....

29th June 2023 (Thursday)     08.30 .... There’s a nice fresh feel to the air this


morning.... almost a  touch of Autumn in it.     Only jokin’ .... it’s  ‘play day’ kind of weather, but light showers are forecast for the middle part of the day.... much the same as yesterday;   I’ll be playing in the late afternoon evening/ early evening  on the bike.   I’m dashing along to Methil just now;  Alice has been baking!.... and I’m in a tormenting mood.

22.00    I enjoyed my few hours Methil;  Alice’s banana bread was excellent and that set the mood for the rest of the day.   Joyce (who used to live next door to Alice and George) came along from Thornton after lunch; and the three of us ‘put the world to rights’ ... again.   I took a photo of the girls (and a few of the floo’ers in the garden) before setting off for home.

Joyce and Alice.

I planned to go out on the bike later in the afternoon (once the roads were quieter) but didn’t get out until evening time.   It was actually quite cool by that time with the sun being hidden by the clouds most of the time.  But it was great to be out on the bike, and have the freedom that the bike gives; as opposed to the car i.e.   With the bike I can stop and take photos more or less anywhere at the side of the road; whereas, with the car you have to find a place to park.   I only went round the villages but it was magic;  and nae sair knee.

The plan is to go for the paper (bike) early in the morning before the streets are busy; coming home by way of Elie Estate.   The weather forecast is good for Friday morning but there could be showers in the afternoon:  the weekend is going to be breezy.... and cooler with a mix of sunny spells and showers.

I’m feeling ‘back to normal’ now that I have my bike back after being repaired and

 Elie skiff - 'Archie' on a choppy Elie Bay.

serviced.   The fact that Luke (I don’t know his last name) operates from Largoward (Revolt Cycles) means he is ‘local’; and being a happy chatty bloke takes the stress out of having your bike serviced.    Anyway I’m happy to be mobile again ....thanks to ‘Luke’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....