Heavy overnight rain .....

12th June 2023 (Monday)      08.30 .... The Balcarres Mission is on ‘hold’ at


present;  we caught the edge of a thunderstorm that was active over St Abb’s Head a few hours ago and everything is wet.    The rain is much needed .... and we need more.   There’s an active ‘Yellow Warning for thunderstorms today  but  it does not include Fife so I might go to Balcarres later;  our weather forecast  for today is ... 23.5 second pause ... is ... another 17 second pause .... “sunny with a light breeze’.   It could be warm in the afternoon.... and I don’t want to be out in the heat so it’s all a matter of timing.  Breakfast has been devoured;  I think another cuppa is called for. 

11.00    Change of 'plan'; the Balcarres mission has been rescheduled for Wednesday;  the weather is fine but Balcarres Den will be wet.   Having been for the paper, (in the car because it wanted ‘food’)and up to Colinsburgh (to feed the car) I noticed that the Colinsburgh roads are dry.    I wonder?   I’ll get the pencils out just now.....  and have a cycling tour of the villages after lunch.


20.15   I waited for the heat of the day to pass before going out on the bike.... and then it was only up to Chapel Green.   It’s a bonnie evening but the onshore breeze annoys my breathing tubes so I thought it best to get back to Ivy and put the kettle on.   When I go out on Wednesday I’ll try for Colinsburgh but the bike gears are playing up: this is not the first time they’ve been ‘iffy’ and spraying the block with WD40 does wonders, so I’ll do that after this update, and see how it is tomorrow morning.




21.00   Tuesday is going to be another warm day inland;  but cooler for us on the East coast with the onshore breeze.   I’m beginning to get fed up of the ‘onshore breeze’.

I’m going to visit Alice tomorrow;  the ‘plan’ is to go to the beach (Leven) to get half a

West end of the Ferry beach.

dozen stones for Alice to take up to the Letham Glen ‘Activities Hut’ for older girls and boys to paint.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....