Feeling playful ....

27th June 2023 (Tuesday)     07.00 .... Hmmmm.... the sky is overcast and the


rain (possibly heavy at times) that is mentioned in our weather forecast looks like it will be with us soon.   That said ... we need rain.   I’m going to Methil to see Alice.... and get putty at B n Q’s, so the rain won’t bother me too much.

‘Sea Cloud Spirit’ was off (middle of the Firth) Elie and Earlsferry at 02.00: I’m depending on her going out in daylight to get a photograph.

16.30   At long last we have had a spell of rain that will do a lot of good to the garden;  and, here’s a bonus (for me anyway)...the rain means I haven’t missed the bike today!

It was fair when I left Ivy to go to Methil, but the rain started to hit the windscreen when I got to Upper Largo.... and it was raining steadily by the time I got to  B n Q’s.  They, B n Q, didn’t have any putty in stock so that mission was a ‘failure’..... but I did enjoy a cuppa, and tormenting session, with Alice.  It was when chatting to Alice about where to get putty, that I remembered Gray and Pringle in Ainster.  By the time I left Methil the rain had increased in intensity... and has been fairly heavy ever since.     I had a quick cuppa when I got back to Ivy before frolicking my way along the road to G & P’s to get putty.

'Sea Cloud Spirit'.

‘Sea Cloud Spirit’ is setting off for Aberdeen this evening, but with the weather as it is the chances of me getting a photograph are low;  in fact I’d say there’s nae chance.   Even if the rain does stop I imagine there will be a mist.  However, I shall keep on checking the Fife Weather cams looking for ‘bloo’ bits in the sky.   Right now they are all showing an even grey.



19.15    The tugs began manoeuvring ‘Sea Cloud Spirit’  out of the dock;  there’s just a chance that I may get the photograph I want.   The cruise ship ‘Viking Venus’ is already on the way down the Firth heading for Kirkwall.   I might wander down to the beach if the weather looks amenable.... which it does at the moment.

22.45   I went down to Nana’s Seat and got a few ‘after the rain’ photographs....


including one or two of ‘Sea Cloud Spirit’.   Unfortunately she was right across on the ‘sooth side’.... in fact a wee bit further ‘sooth’ and she’d have been on the beach.   It was too dark and she was too far away to get a decent photo.   However the beach was busy, with a  lot of folk coming out to enjoy the beach, (and the water) on a balmy evening, after a day of rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....