Beautiful morrrrrrrning ....

14th June 2023 (Wednesday)      07.30....We have a quiet and peaceful start to


the day: and I have been for the paper (in the car).... and ‘roond the Ferry’ on the bike, enjoying what is for me the best part of the day.    There was a bit of early morning mist but that is being burnt off and we should have a hot afternoon.    I had hoped for a clear photograph of the cruise ship ‘Viking Venus’ as she went up the Firth to Newhaven (Edinburgh).... but it was too misty for a clear photo.   However I got a few photos to play with.




20.45    It’s been a lovely, bright and sunny, day... and hot (24C) in the afternoon.   Too hot for me;  but I’m sure most folks would be enjoy the hot summer sun.   I’m enjoying early mornings.... a siesta in the afternoon and a potter around in the evening.

This morning I cleaned the windows;  with the window cleaning kit that Michael bought me.    It’s really effective;  and I’m now converting an old window cleaning thing to do the wee panes on the kitchen windows.   This saves me climbing the step ladders;  something that I am not too keen on nowadays.   There’s no doubt that COVID has been a life changer for many people.... including me.   We’ve just got to adapt.... hence the new way of cleaning the windows.

'Viking Venus' leaving the Firth.
I checked the bike gears by having a trial run round ‘The Ferry’ and they seem to be working OK:  I might try a longer run tomorrow.   

This morning I’d hoped to get a clear photo of ‘Viking Venus’ on her way up to Newhaven (Edinburgh) but it was too misty;  however it’s a lovely evening so I went to Nana’s Seat and  got a few of her leaving the Firth on her way to Kirkwall (Orkney).

I don’t have plan for tomorrow; I thought it was the Colinsburgh light lunch tomorrow but it’s the following Wednesday (21st).   The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘more of the same’ so I’ll get up early, have ‘50’ during the heat of the day, and be active in the evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....