Nice morning ....

10th June 2023 (Saturday)     08.30 .... The sky has a healthier look this


morning, with the cloud showing signs breaking up to give us  a sunny day.    That said, the countryside really needs rain after a drier than usual few months:  I noticed that the Cocklemill Burn was running low (for this time of year) when I was up at Muircambus Mill the other day.   Lack o’ rain, combined with a drying East wind, is the problem.  Right now  I’m looking for ‘bloo’ bits in the sky;  and a ‘sunny spell’s day.

21.00   Alice arrived off the 11.30 bus and we went straight along to Bowhouse to have a ‘browse’.   I was in for a surprise:  the main hall was full of stalls and stands selling foodstuff and general Arts and Crafts.  I wanted bread and honey and got both; Barnett’s bread (our local baker) and Cloverlea Honey from ‘The Friendly Bee Company (Forgandenny).  I saw loads of other food (goodies) that I wanted... then I remembered


that I’d end up wearing it all.... and did not yield to temptation.   ‘Bowhouse’ is an amazing experience;  it reminded me of the fun Maggie and I had at Craft Fayre’s all around Scotland.   Parking wasn’t a problem with ‘Bloo Badge’ parking near the Main Entrance to the Main Hall.   Alice and I will be going back to have a more detailed ‘browse’ later in the summer.

Back at Ivy Alice made a couple o’ huge cheese rolls into a couple of huge, and healthy salad rolls:  we could hardly move for an hour and had to pass on the sweet (rhubarb crumble that Alice had brought).   I shall have the crumble tomorrow.... and probably the next day.

There’s definitely a change on with the weather; my breathing has been better today.  


Fife is still covered by the Met Office yellow warning for thunder storms tomorrow ... active from midday through to 21.00.  ‘Sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’ is the actual weather forecast; thunderstorms are a possibility.    The garden needs the rain right enough but I just want to see the storm clouds;  near enough to be impressive but far enough away (West end o' Fife) to for me to take photographs without getting caught out.... and wet.





23.30    I get the feeling that Boris is not a happy bunny;  and yet only four years ago he won the 2019 General Election for the Conservative party with a huge majority;  a majority that would eventually lead to Brexit.   So where did he go wrong?     At that time he was, to me anyway, ‘Bumbling Boris’, a sort of breath of fresh air in British politics, so much so that that even the working class of the North East voted Conservative ..... (they were probably voting to get Brexit done to stop all those ‘foreign European’ workers coming to the UK legally) .....  it was those voters that gave Boris that majority.   But what has happened since then?.... COVID happened that’s what;   that’s when it began to look like there was a rule for ‘us’ and a different set of rules for some politicians.   Boris began to look less like the ‘Bumbling Boris’ who was everybody’s friend, and more like he had been kidding us all along ...and was actually a privileged Eton Boy havin’ a good time.   I’m sure Boris will be around to ‘entertain’ us in his own way for many years to come;  I hope so.   Finally;  bring on the next General Election;  it should be interesting.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....