Sunny and warm ....

13th June 2023 (Tuesday)    08.30 .... We had a misty start to the morning but

Looking East along Leven beach.

the sun has burnt that back and we now have a ‘sunny day with a moderate breeze’ as per weather forecast for our area.    There’s a Yellow weather warning for thunderstorms, active from midday through to 21.00, which includes Fife.    There could be interesting clouds.    Alice and I will have been to Leven beach before then: any storms, which are hit or miss events, will more likely be towards the West of Fife.... I hope.

21.30   The thunderstorms forecast for today moved up the West coast and never got anywhere near Fife;  the nearest lightning strike to Fife was at Loch Lomond.    Interesting clouds? ... not one so a very boring, more or less ‘wall to wall bloo sky all day ....and hot in the afternoon.   This is the weather I’m hoping will clear me of ‘LC’ (long COVID) once and for all.  I have a siesta during the heat of the day....which is what I do near enough every day.... but on hot days it’s siesta!

Paddle boarders off Leven beach.

As mentioned above I went to Methil to visit;  we had a cuppa then went to Leven beach to get stones for the Letham Glen activity centre tomorrow morning.   The beach was busy;  not that there was much of a beach because the tide was full in, but there are always pebbles washed up at the high tide mark.    Alice got the stones .... and I got a few beach photographs;  including one of someone picking up pebbles.  Even at that time of day the beach was starting to fill up with families coming for a picnic etc.  Alice and I went back to Methil and sorted the world out.  Naebody listens so we gave up and had lunch.

I was back at Ivy just after 14.15;  had a cuppa then promptly did the siesta thing!   When I woke up (about 45 minutes later) it was still too hot ...24C.... and mauchless ....so I made another cuppa and got the pencils out.

The WD40 appears to have temporarily fixed the bike;  I’ll see how it goes when I go for

Pebble gatherer on Leven beach.

the paper tomorrow morning.   I have nae plan for tomorrow; but the weather is going to be sunny and warm with a moderate breeze.... much the same as today.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....