Cloudy and cool ....

1st June 2023 (Thursday)      06.30 .... We have an overcast sky, but it is dry (no drizzle) with only a smirr o’ a breeze;  and it’s cool.   The sun has yet to break through the


cloud, and by the look of the cloud that could take a while;   a disappointing start to  ‘the first day of summer’.     I’m having another cuppa before going for the paper (on the bike).

08.30   I’ve been for the paper... and ‘roond the Chapel’ on what is now a damp morning;  drizzle having drifted in from the North Sea.   I can’t see me getting ‘oot tae play’ today.    There a new cruise boat, the ‘Sylvia Earle’ coming down (it’s off Stonehaven just now) from Kirkwall and it’s making for the Bass Rock.   It was built last year with visiting Antarctica and the Arctic in mind.   I’d hoped to see it at the Bass, but at the moment we can’t even see the Bass.

10.45   There’s an improvement with the weather....nae drizzle;  but it’s disappointingly cool....and... this is (according to the weather forecaster) the first day of summer.   Midsummer Day is on 24th June.   Does that mean summer ends on the 18th July?  It’s going to be a short summer.... let’s hope it’s warmer than it is today.   The 'West Neuk' of Fife is the place to be when the wind is off the East. It’s morrrrrrrrning coffee time.

'Sylvia Earle'.

20.00  The sun eventually broke through and I the air warmed but nothing like it should be in June; so, I went out to The Hutte and finished drawing ‘Jock o’ Buchlyvie’....I’ll take a photo tomorrow.

The ‘Team’ have been busy at Earls Lodge and I am pleasantly surprised at how the new gable will look.   It’s not nearly as high as I thought it would be;  and should look good done in natural stone.   Hipping the roof wouldn’t have made much difference but would have spoiled the gable.   I’m a happy boy.

‘Sylvia Earle’ visited the Bass Rock and is now on her way to.... 32.5 second pause ....to Aberdeen.  Her ETA at Aberdeen is 02/06/ 05.30. so she isn’t in a hurry.  I managed to get a photo but she was far out so it’s not really a good photo.  Good enough for my records.

‘Sunny with a gentle breeze’ is the weather forecast for KY9 tomorrow.   The sun should


break through earlier tomorrow to give us a sunny day... hopefully a ‘warm sunny day’:  however the breeze is off the sea so it might feel cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....