Heavy mist ....

7th June 2023 (Wednesday)     08.30 .... As we’ve done for the past few days we

'Muircambus Meal Mill'.

are waiting for the sun to break through the cloud that has drifted in from the North Sea overnight.   That said that none of the Fife Weather cams have encouraging signs; so it looks like it could be midday (or later) before the sun appears.   There’s only a light breeze .... it’s the direction that’s the problem (ENE).

12.45    I had planned to go to Balcarres today but the sun is struggling to break through;  I haven’t given up hope of seeing the sun, but it looks like being late in the afternoon before that happens.   I’ve been out in The Hutte drawing and now feel in the need of some exercise

I’ve made a dental appointment (7th July) to have a check up:  this is overdue because of me having long COVID.   My teeth aren’t bothering me but I’d like them scraped and cleaned.... and I’m feeling brave.   Dental appointments have never bothered my but I am feeling apprehensive about this one.

Chestnut flower.

I don’t know whether to get the bike out and set off for Balcarres:  I’d hope for a brighter day for the camera.   The longer range weather forecast for the East coast is much the same as it has been for the past few days; low cloud and a cool breeze.  However, the sky appears to be brightening up a wee bit;  I’ll have a lite bite lunch then review the situation.   I like that bit ‘review the situation’.  

19.30    Having 'reviewed the situation' when the sun broke through in the middle of the afternoon....I went out on the bike, but didn’t go to Balcarres.   Instead of Balcarres I did a round of some of the local countryside spots that I visit now and again.... the distance travelled would be the same as Balcarres so I’m happy.   The countryside has the freshness of ‘youth’ at this time (I remember it well); it was good exploring the out of the way corners again.... and I can report that all is good in the ‘out of the way’ corners. 

22.30   I’ve had a busy and productive day (finished drawing the Balcony Floor plan ... including the pews etc).   We had a bonnie sunset so should have a bonnie day

Bridge over the Cocklemill burn at Muircambus.

tomorrow.... ‘light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is the weather forecast.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....