Overcast with showers ....

23rd June 2023 (Friday)    08.00 .... the light rain showers mentioned in the


weather forecast, came in sooner than  expected, so I imagine we will have a mix of showers and sunny spells by the end of the day.   I’m feeling frolicsome but can’t frolic because it’s raining.... and I don’t have the bike anyway.    Although there’s a spot o’ dampness it’s a nice enough morning;  warm with a light southerly breeze. 

16.30    I went to Methil to visit Alice; Alice needs to be tormented now and again.... and tormenting I do well.  She was in a state of excitement when I got to Methil.... not because I’d arrived;  Alice had found an ant wandering about on the front lobby floor.... and Alice always gets excited when one of her ‘little friends’ decides to visit.   Actually Alice, and her neighbours are plagued with ants and are all on ‘little game hunting alert’ at this time of year.   I have ants outside The Hutte door but I don’t think I’ve ever had one in the house;  to celebrate Alice’s ‘little game hunting’ skills, she put the kettle ‘on’ and we had cuppa.... with pancakes and Harrods Strawberry jam!   We now have to convince Alan and Izzy to do a Harrods ‘jam run’ on a regular basis.  

A quiet corner of Kinneuchar.

The sun eventually broke through and it became too hot for me and I nearly fell asleep at Alice’s; that means I was totally relaxed.  I was on total alert by lunch time.  After lunch and another cuppa.... and a load of chat and laughs I louped intae the car and was back in Ivy by 14.15.... and asleep in front of the tele by14.45.   I am not good on hot, humid afternoons.   I'm not very good on cold afternoons either.   In fact I'm not very good on any afternoons:  I think it's me being an 'early bird' that could be the problem.

20.30    I’m a bit ‘lost’ without my bike;  but should get it back at the beginning of next week.  It’s getting a full service and a new Shimano 8 piece cassette, chain and other bits, and will be almost ‘good as new’.   

Tomorrow is going to be a good drying day so that will be my first job;  dangling out a

'Earlsferry Care Home' - Williamsburgh.

washing.  Then, when up in Elie for the paper,  I’m going to visit Dod (George Gordon) tomorrow morning for a catch up blether.  Dod was saying (on the phone) that the pandemic changed everybody’s routine;  even in the close knit community of the ‘Mackie Housing’ (now Bield) people are still keeping themselves to themselves. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....