Nice, fresh morning ....

18th June 2023 (Sunday)      07.00 .... we don’t have a wall to wall blue sky but

Creel boat
we do have a sunny and warm morning;  with a cooling onshore breeze.    There’s definitely a better air around and this has me feeling .... sort of mischievous;  an ‘Alice tormenting’ mood.     

08.30   The Sunday Post has been uplifted and the harbour visited, on what is a really nice fresh morning.  The washing is on the line, I’ve had breakfast;  now I’m ready to torment Alice.... after another cuppa.

19.45    We’ve been lucky with the weather compared to many places south of ra border that have had thunder storms and heavy rain:  having said that, rain is much needed and very welcome;  well .... perhaps not ‘very welcome’, but definitely much needed!  The heavy rain is forecast to come our way overnight and tomorrow morning.

Alice and I had a ‘happy day’;  we like ‘happy’.    We went to Sainsbury’s  where I did my wee bit shopping... and Alice got rid of a load of brown money by pouring it into a machine that counted it (by weight I imagine) and gave you a receipt, which you take to the cash desk and end up with bigger denomination and usable money.   I have tins of ‘broon’ money that I should convert.

Chapel Green houses.
Back at Alice’s residential HQ Alice set about making lunch;  I hadn’t intended staying for lunch but to be honest it mair enjoyable eating together... than as a single at home.   Furthermore, Alice is an excellent cook.  We had a chicken salad for ‘main’ followed by.... what Alice called a ‘concoction’ for sweet.... it was a melt in the mouth ‘Alice Mess’;  much the same as an Eton Mess only tastier.   You can imagine why I enjoy ‘tormenting’ Alice.  I arrived back at Ivy with a content ‘puku’;  well ready for my afternoon siesta watching the tele.

The sky has been clouding over for the past few hours but so far no rain:  I am sure we will have our share by tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....