Misty .....

5th June 2023 (Monday)      07.30 .... Low cloud has drifted in from the North


Sea on a light Easterly breeze as was forecast.... but, because it’s only a smirr o’ a breeze it isn’t hat cold.   I’ll get the bike out and do a tour o’ the village (to flatten the battery)  before breakfast.     Once the battery has been re-charged, and the cloud burnt back, I’ll contemplate going further in the afternoon.

09.45   Although misty it’s a pleasant morning to be out and about.  I did Chapel Green/Grange Road/ Pony Field/ the beach then three quarters of the way ‘roond the Ferry’ to flatten the bike battery.... which is now being charged and should be done by 13.00, so if I feel in the mood, I can go out in the afternoon.    In the meantime I’m going to start a new drawing.

12.00    The sky is beginning to lighten here and there but we’re still waiting for the sun to make a break through.   The bike battery is almost fully charged.... and I have made good progress with the ‘Balcony Drawing Plan’..... so .... all is good apart from the lack o’ sunshine.   I think I’ll have a lite bite lunch; a much deserved lunch after such a busy(?) morning.


20.45   The sun broke through just before 15.00 but I didn’t go out on the bike again.   I have a fully charged battery ready for action on Wednesday:  Wednesday is forecast to be less cloudy...but the breeze will still be from the East.   Exposed trees and bushes used to bend towards the East because of the prevailing Westerly wind;  they will now be bending towards the West because of the Easterly wind;  that should make some interesting trees.

My ‘Blue Badge is due for renewal so that job has been done.... it can take a while for the new badge to arrive but, since COVID, and the delays that happened at that time, the old badge can still be used for three months after the expiry date.

I have made big progress with the drawing of the balcony floor plan of the old Kinneuchar Kirk....,i.e. the kirk that was attached to the remains of the three arches in the kirkyard. 

I’m a happy boy tonight;  tired and happy.   Happy because I’ve had a busy and productive day;  tired because I’ve probably done too much.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....