Cloudy and cool ....

11th June 2023 (Sunday)  06.45 .... The sky is heavily overcast and there’s a

Eider duck (girl) at Elie harbour.

chilly wind from the NNE with the feel of rain in it.   The weather forecast is good  .....’sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’, and the Yellow warning for thundery showers remains, though it applies mostly to the west of Scotland but does include the west of Fife.  (Lochgelly has had 2mm of rain this morning).    London and the southeast could get temperatures up to 30C today;  K9 up to 18C.   I’m having a cuppa before I go for the paper.  

08.30    We’ve had some much needed light rain, but we need a lot more to make up for the lack of rain over the past few months.   I went for the paper (Sunday Post) in the car ... and down to the harbour.  There's a few wild camping tents out by the lighthouse;  not the warmest place to be on a morning such as this.   It’s actually quite chilly out... and damp, so a working day for this boy.... after breakfast.

Eider duck (boy) at Elie harbour.

17.15   The rain I mentioned earlier was the only rain we’ve had so far today.   The thunder storms have been moving up the West coast ....I didn’t even see the clouds.   The sun broke through at lunchtime and we’ve had a lovely afternoon; the temperature was at 20C for a time.... pleasantly warm.  

When it was dull (and cool) in the morning I did some gardening .... the broon bucket has space left for a couple of kitchen caddy bags and that’s about it. I got the pencils out in the afternoon.

20.30   Fife did get some rain today.... Lochgelly had 7.2mm.  even that isn’t enough to do much good to the dry ground.   That said, it’s better than the miniscule amount (of rain) we had this morning. 

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to bike up to Balcarres Estate;  the weather forecast is good,

'Girl' and 'Boy' Eider.

but it could be hot in the afternoon.   If I do decide to ‘go’ it will be in the morning and an up the Double Dykes and back sort o’ trip.   This will be the longest trip on the bike since I had COVID and I am slightly apprehensive.   I always have plenty water and fruit with me.... and I’ll charge up the phone tonight.  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....