Fresh morning ....

28th June 2023 (Wednesday)      08.30 .... I had the urge to go out on the bike ....

Cruise ship 'Deutschland'.

then remembered its being serviced;   so the car it was.   I picked up the paper(s), then went to the harbour to get a photo of the cruise ship ‘Deutschland’ on her way to Leith.    It’s a lovely, fresh morning after the rain yesterday.... with ‘light showers’ are forecast for the middle part of the day.   This is going to be a ‘rest day’ for me.... I’ll get the pencils out;  and if I’m feeling really frisky, might even do some ‘ousework.

21.00    It has been a bonnie day, though it has been slightly cooler than of late.... and we had some dampness after lunch.    But that’s not the important news:  I’ve got my bike back and the battery is being charged as I type.   It has new cassette and gear shift (Shimano).... and will be ready for action tomorrow morning.   That said it depends on how the weather is:  the forecast is ‘mostly good’ for tomorrow....the ‘fly in the ointment’ is the chance of precipitation in the middle of the day.

Elie pier.

I enjoyed a step back in time this afternoon;  I got my putty knife out (it’s probably a collector’s piece now) and puttied the bottom sash of one of the kitchen windows.   That’s the only work I’ve done today.   I went up to The Hutte planning to draw but there must have been something in the air that disagreed with the tubes and I had to abandon that plan.    My eyes have been watering, and I feel choked up.... I’m thinkin’ grass pollen.   I’ll have a ‘JT’ (Janice Toddie) and get off to bed early and read my book.

There was a lot of activity on Ferry Road (outside Ivy) with the workmen repairing a leak at the other side if the road from Ivy.   It’s amazing what the workmen can do with one of those big grab things you see attached to some lorries.   The operative of the grab today lifted a heap of stuff off the road in ‘nae time’; very skilful.   It makes you realise just how hard working the builders of the pyramids were.

I am thinking of visiting Alice tomorrow;  if my breathing is OK.  That said my breathing is usually fine along at Leven and Methil.... surprisingly strange maybe; but it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....