Cloudy ....

8th June 2023 (Thursday)      08.00 .... The breeze is off the North Sea, all the

Balcarres Estate.

Fife Weather cams are grey, and the clouds are heavier so it looks like we are going have a long wait for the sun to breakthrough today.   A nice enough morning  for pottering around but it takes the sun to switch ‘on’  activity buttons.   

12.00   I decided to go to ‘The Store  to get some vital supplies... which I did (well most of them anyway).   As I was leaving the car park I suddenly thought, “why not go home by way of the back road “ (Kellie Castle).   It was a good idea for about the distance of one mile.... i.e. when I got to the Kellie road junction and found it ‘Closed’.   I then remembered all the signs I’d seen,  telling drivers that the normal road to Kellie was ‘Closed’.    I ended up coming home via the ‘romantic’ Higham Toll – Largoward – Balcarres – Colinsburgh road(s).   That reminds me I must bike up to Balcarres tomorrow ..... I saw photographs that need to be taken.   Anyway I’m back and ready for some kind o’ food.



17.00   The cloud has been persistent today;  the sun broke through for a wee while after lunch but the sky clouded over again by mid afternoon.   I was hoping for a bonnie evening so that I could flatten the bike battery;  I need to do that so that I can charge the battery and have a full battery for Balcarres Estate tomorrow.   I suppose I could take a detour to get the paper (early in the morning) then charge it and go to Balcarres around lunch time.  

19.00    The East coast has been unlucky with the cloud today;  I was looking forward to a sunny evening... and it’s still cloudy.   Oh well I’m tired anyway so a restful evening it will be.    I finished the Balcony plan this afternoon.... and will start a new drawing tomorrow.   I have eight drawings to do and have done four.... so progress, though slow, is steady;  and I’m happy with the results so far.   We have a happy but tired boy in Ivy tonight.   The south and southeast of England has an Amber warning in place for extreme heat at the weekend... and thunderstorms are on their way.  In our area there’s been a shortage of rain in the first few months of this year so a couple of thunder plouts wouldn’t go wrong;  but I think most of the extreme weather is going to miss us..


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....