Lovely morning ....

22nd June 2023 (Thursday)     09.15 ....  Being a lovely morning, and me


without the bike, I wandered down to the beach;  and found the beach busy.... but not as busy as I imagine it will be in a wee while.     The weather forecast is good and the tide on its way out so there will be a big beach to wander along soon (LT 11.41).    I’m having a ‘rest’ day ;  lunch at the  ’19 th’ , with Myra and Kirstie, being the only activity planned for today.



11.30    I had a run along to ‘The Store’ (Ainster) to top up with vital necessities for the weekend.     The ‘store’ was busier than I expected, as were the roads;  but I remembered not to come home by way of Kellie Castle as the roadworks in this bit of the East Neuk are ongoing;  at least the signage is.

I can’t believe it:  I spent the past few days worrying about the workmen having to move my shed.   After browsing this morning’s photographs, I got the camera and went out the get a few photos of the shed being moved;  and found that the shed had been moved.   I don’t know how they did it but my ‘plan’ of loading the table with ‘stuff’ wasn’t used; the shed was moved as it was.   I’m a happy, surprised, boy.  


18.00    This has been an absolute cracker o’ a day.... sunny and warm/hot all day, with a cool Westerly breeze.   My shed was moved to make room for the scaffold required to do the stone cladding; the scaffolding is now in place... and the North gable built to its finished height.   It is much lower than I had seen in my mind’s eye; it will be a while before I see the actual stone cladding but I am looking forward to that..

After all the excitement at Ivy this morning I was well ready for lunch at the 19th Hole;  and was pleasantly surprised to find that our table setting was for five....and would consist of four girls and ‘the boy’.   Had I known that Alicia and Maria were going to join us I’d have combed my hair!  As you all know I am awfie shy and don’t talk too much, but I overcame all that and we had a happy and enjoyable lunch.    I say ‘happy’ but I was saddened to hear that Deirdre has died.   Like me Deirdre was an ‘early bird’, and I used to meet her when out on my early morning runs on the bike during the pandemic.... we had the streets to ourselves..   She was a lovely lady, always happy to stop and chat.

‘Drizzle with a gentle breeze’ is the KY9 weather forecast for tomorrow;  the gardens


need a lot more than a  drizzle of water ....but any amount will be welcome.


 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....