Summer Solstice ....

 

21st June 2023 (Wednesday)..... the Summer Solstice.

Elie High Street.
08.15    There was a bank of low cloud on the Eastern horizon at sunrise time (04.22)  so I
 went back to bed and got ‘up’ at 05.30, by which time the sun was above the clouds.   There’s a fresh NW breeze this morrrrrrrrning with a noticeable drop in the temperature.  I know the sun reaches its highest point in the sky today (15.37) and the nights start drawing in tomorrow, but I didn’t expect the temperature to drop this soon!      Actually it’s a bonnie day, but light showers are mentioned in our weather forecast.  I’m looking forward to getting my bike fixed later today... it will be a play day tomorrow.

20.30    It has been a lovely day;  a bit too hot for me in the afternoon but I know how to cope.... cat nap.   I enjoy the Lite Bite lunch at Colinsburgh (I think it’s called something else now);  the next one is on the third Sunday of September.

My bike was picked up as per ‘plan’ this afternoon by Luke, from ‘Revolt Cycles’, a cycle repair business in Largoward:  it’s ‘in dock’ to get the gears fixed and have a service.   I should be back in action on Monday or Tuesday of next week.    I was using ‘Two Wheel Care’ from Pitscottie but they are ‘permanently closed’ according to their website, so it was a bit of luck finding Luke;  and he’s based even closer that Pitscottie.

Chapel Green from The Toft - Elie.

The builders have been busy today; and my shed has been made ready for moving.    I don’t have to empty it though I will take out the two bikes and some more bits and pieces ....I made the outside table ready for ‘stuff’ that so I might as well use it.   The electricity was disconnected this afternoon.

It’s going to be another hot day tomorrow.... and there’s no mention of precipitation.    Myra, Kirsty and me are going to the 19th for lunch;  I shall probably spend the rest of the afternoon cat napping .... especially if it’s hot and humid.

I got a phone call from ‘JB’ today;  from Fort William.   ‘JB’ and a couple of his friends had been up Ben Nevis yesterday, the last of the three highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales, having climbed the other two on Sunday and Monday.   I think they were heading further North today.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....