Beautiful morrrrrrrrrrrrning .....

16th June 2023 (Friday)    08.45..... It’s another lovely morning .... it’s already

Ye Gods ... it will soon be harvest time!

warm and sunny, with  a hot afternoon to come.    On hot days the onshore breeze  is welcome;  the pollution from the continent isn’t.   Myra and I are going to Dorothy’s (Mennie) for morning coffee so I haven’t been ‘out and about’ yet.   I might try for the beach after this update.





16.30   I’ve just woken up after a long siesta; and I actually I feel quite playful now.   As planned Myra and I went to Dorothy’s for morning coffee and had a good old catch up with each other’s, and local, news.  After an enjoyable hour and a bit of chatting (and sipping coffee) we have decided to meet up once a month to keep in touch.  Face to face ‘keeping in touch’ conversations are very important, especially in the COVID aftermath... and especially so for ....er ... not so young folks.


The ‘warm and sunny morning’ morphed into a hot and sunny afternoon, as has happened for the past few days;  and I go into rest mode as has happened for the past few days.   I am beginning to liven up now that the wind had freshened and the air has cooled.   Pollution levels are at ‘M’ (Medium).









19.38   What is it with Boris and Donald (Trump) that makes them think the world can’t operate without them?   When I was young (a few years ago now) I thought of politicians as important and respectable people.... alongside Doctors, Teachers, Nurses, Policemen etc:  now I don’t.   Sadly the impression I have now is that most of them (politicians) are just people having a good time at the taxpayers’ expense.   In fact one Conservative  (I forget who it was) commented today that they hoped Boris would use his (new) column in the Daily Mail to benefit the ‘Conservative Party and the country’.   And that says it all about the present brand of Conservative MPs:  they’re in power to benefit “Party, self, investors, friends (not necessarily in that order) ... and ... oh , I’m sure there’s
Chapel Green from Dorothy's flat.

something else? ... oh ....country”.   Oh... apologies to anyone who I might have upset.... but I feel better!   We need politicians who think “Planet, People and Future”.... not the self self self of Party politics.   We’ll just have to put up with (and not listen to) the Boris’s and Donald’s of the world.  Oops.... ‘Blob’ (robin) is looking for food!   I’m a happy boy again.



22.00   This has been another bonnie day....even I am enjoying the sunny weather in spite of the hot afternoons; and I can be active before and after the ‘heat of the day’.   Tomorrow is forecast to be another warm and sunny day.... though perhaps a little bit cooler than it was today.   I might get up early and take a longer turn round the villages on the bike....to see how the gears are working:  right now it’s time for bed after a happy and enjoyable day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....