Bright and breezy ....

26th June 2023 (Monday)      08.45 .... we have a ‘bright and breezy’ start to the

'President' tractor.

day;  a good day for doing things.    My plan is to work on the Kinneuchar drawings for most of the day.... more or less a ‘rest day’.    I’m really looking forward to getting  the bike back  sometime this week;   biking is my best way of getting around.... with the Elie Estate  run one of my favourite local runs.

14.15   I’ve been following the cruise ship ‘Sea Cloud Spirit’ for the past few days, hoping that she would eventually come into the Firth of Forth as she cruises down the East Coast.  She is coming into the Firth and docking at Leith; unfortunately her arrival time at Leith is 02.30 tomorrow (27th) morning.   I’d hoped to get photos of her from Chapel Green but it looks like she’ll be off Elie and Earlsferry in the middle of the night.   Why am I interested in her?.... she is a sailing ship (built in 2021) with three masts and loads of billowing sails.

Edinburgh bus.

20.15   Being without my bike is frustrating; today I patched up the kitchen window..... and might even paint the bottom sash tomorrow;  sort of occupational therapy.  I need putty and might have to go to Methil ... er ... B n Q’s (Leven) to get it in the morning.   Of course, if I do go, I’d drop in to see Alice.

Although I did do some work, this has been a funny old day;  I couldn’t get ‘fired up’ at all.  I have been checking up on ‘Sea Cloud Spirit’ now and again; she is still moored up at Dundee.   It’s a bit sneaky passing Elie and Earlsferry in the middle of the night.   I’ll keep checking and but it’s not looking promising.   No doubt there’ll be plenty photographs in the Courier, but I’d like one of my own.



22.30   Sea Cloud Spirit has left Dundee and is off Tayport just now;  her arrival time at Leith is 03.30 so I imagine she will be in the Firth by 01.00.... not a good time for getting any photographs.    She has to leave the Firth on the next part of her cruise (hopefully at


a better time); that said she will be at the other side of the Firth if she’s going south.

I’m looking forward to seeing Alice tomorrow;  she’s always cheery, and sees happy all over the place.   We like ‘happy’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....