Beautiful morning .....

15th June 2023 (Thursday)      07.15 .... It’s a beautiful morrrrrrrrrrrning....

Lesser Black Backed gull chicks.

and the air is already warm:  another hot afternoon ahead methinks.   I’ve been watering Anne and Bob’s tubs (and the one on the corner at Ferry Lodge).... the sun and the East wind dries the garden up.... fast.     I haven’t been out on the bike;  I’ll do that in the evening.  The ‘plan’ is to visit Alice, have a cuppa then go to the Bargain Store.     

16.00   It has been a bonnie day....warm and sunny, with a wall to wall bloo sky all day:  too hot for me in the afternoon.   As planned I went to Methil to torment Alice.... and go shopping.    The ‘Bargain Store’ is always busy but the checkouts move steadily and there’s never long to wait.   We got all the ‘stuff’ we went in for;  plus I got  a few ...er ...vital extras and were back at Alice’s well before lunch time.   Alice has a bonnie (and tidy) garden so I took a few photographs of the roses; and of two Lesser Black Backed Gull chicks (larus fuscus) that have appeared on the house roof.   Lesser Black Backs are increasingly spreading inland from their normal coastal nest sites and nesting on rooftops.    Nobody feeds the birds but they’ll eat anything that looks remotely edible, and in an urban site I imagine they will do well enough from human ‘rubbish’.   They made a change from my normal photograph.

20.30    The day is ending with a cracker of an evening; but it has been a boring day for clouds .... I haven’t seen a single cloud all day.   Not even an atmosphere polluting jet trail.   And tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same.... but perhaps not as hot. 


I doubt if I’ll ever get over how much the East Neuk has changed in the last three years.  The area is a whole lot busier, and this is especially noticeable on the roads.   I don’t know if COVID hastened a change that was happening slowly anyway;  or is it me that’s noticing the change because I’m ...er ... getting older.  It’s almost like I’ve ‘flitted’ without actually moving.   Anyway I am tired now after a happy day tormenting Alice;  I would have liked to stay and torment Alice’s pal Joyce, who was coming to visit, but thought I’d better get back to Ivy before the ‘heat of the day’.  This I did .... and fell sound asleep for about an hour.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....