Bright and sunny ....

2nd June 2023 (Friday)     08.45..... It’s a bonnie, bright and sunny morning


with a light (and cool) onshore breeze.   I won’t let the breeze (Easterly)  bother me too much and will go out on the bike later in the morning, after the air warms up.   The long range forecast has us down for a week of dry, sunny weather, with Easterly winds;  so... loads o’ good drying days. 

12.45   I enjoyed a ‘paper run’ that had me coming home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar;  the weather is nigh on perfect, the cool onshore breeze being the ‘fly in the ointment’.   I was wrapped up so didn’t notice the breeze:  electric bikes can do 15.5 mph so a light breeze becomes noticeable.... especially when biking into it.   Anyway I photographed the greenness of the countryside and have a few photos to sort out later.  I might go out again later in the afternoon:  the freshness of the green doesn’t linger long, so I have to get it before it begins to fade.   There’s a few weeks before that happens.


22.30   This is more like the weather we need to have us jumpin’ around like Spring lambs.   I didn’t go out on the bike in the afternoon, and certainly wisnae loupin’ aboot like a Spring lamb:  I had a...how shall I put this?....lethargic afternoon, sitting in The Hutte drawing, and doing Soduko’s.

The evening was spent with Heather Ray and Alastair who are up from Durham for the weekend.   Heather and Ray are not long back from Hawaii where Ray was working for a few days before having a well earned holiday.

I have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  get up early to go for the paper, take a few photographs....


and flatten the bike battery so that I have a fully charged bike for Sunday.   The weather forecast is good for the weekend.... but the wind will be from the East so it could be cool on the beach.   I’ll also go along to Methil to ‘torment’ Alice, and help her scoff some of Barnett’s body building goodies.

I’ve enjoyed my ‘today’....in spite of my least favourite wind.   Iain had frost this morning... and ice on the car windscreen in Auchnagatt (Aberdeenshire).   I assume that is the end of last winter and not the beginning of the next

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....