Warm and humid .....

24th June 2023 (Saturday)    07.30  .... the sky is overcast and the air warm

The 'Dunblane' rose.

 and humid at present;  however the forecast for KY9 is....  five minute pause (to make the tea) ..... ‘sunny intervals with a moderate south-westerly breeze’.   The temperature is 19C just now so the afternoon could be hot... too hot in fact.    It should be a good drying day and I have a washing going through the machine;  but right now it disnae look like a good drying day.... but it's a 'good drying day' forecast.... and I see 'bloo' bits in the Western sky.

15.00    It has been 25C on the thermometer this afternoon;  a beautiful drying day.  I was only out long enough to read the thermometer and bring in the washing;  then  back in to Ivy and enjoy another refreshing cuppa.  I’ll go up to The Hutte in the evening and do some drawing.

I went to Elie (in the morning) to get my prescription and the paper;  it was hot even then.   Getting ‘moored up’ up to visit George was tricky, but I eventually got there;  where we devoured the Empire biscuits I'd bought in Barnett’s (we may not have the Empire anymore, but still have the biscuits) with a cuppa..   I couldn’t stay too long in George’s;  it was too hot.  We caught up with the each other’s ‘news’ and was back in Ivy just after midday.   Since then I have caught up with the BBC News (events in Russia), had a ‘lite bite’ lunch followed by a cat-nap.

Peony rose.

19.15   Although the heat bothers me nowadays this has been a proper summer’s day;  a perfect day for the beach... and for being on holiday.   I stayed ‘in’, more or less all afternoon but might have a short walk later in the evening:  the thermometer is still reading 21C.   Tomorrow is going to be another warm/hot day; however there is a Yellow warning (Fife) for thundery showers in the afternoon;  should be interesting clouds around.   Thundery showers are ‘hit or miss’, and we might be lucky;  miss the showers but see the clouds.

22.30   The air is still warm and this could mean a restless night’s sleep.  Luckily I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow.... it all depends on how hot it is.  I’m enjoying this warm weather but it definitely lowers my frolic levels.

I see there’s a vintage rally at Leven tomorrow (11.00 – 16.00);  I’d like to go to that, but

Foxglove.
it would have to be in the morning time.   I’ll see how I feel on the morrrning.   I wonder if Alice would like that?  I’ll phone her in the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....