Misty morning ....

4th June 2023 (Sunday)     08.30.... There’s a  bit of mist around this morning,

but the sun should burn that off by mid morning, and we can look forward to  the ‘Sunny with a moderate breeze’ that is forecast for us.    I ‘slept in’ and haven’t been for the paper yet; but I’m feeling brighter after a total of nine and half hours sleep last night.    I woke up at 05.00, saw the mist and went back to bed.   This will be another ‘rest day’ as I’m planning to be fit for a ‘play day’ tomorrow.

09.45   I’ve been for the paper and visited the harbour, and can report that all is good and quiet around Elie and Earlsferry this morning.   It’s actually a bonnie morning but we need the sun to warm up the air.... at the moment the breeze is cool, so the bike won’t be in action until after lunch..... if the sun manages to burn off the cloud.  My next mission, after breakfast, is to take gas and electric meter readings and send them in to OVO.   I've been sneezing.... don't tell me there's a cold bug doing the rounds!


20.45     The sun broke through at midday to give us a bonnie afternoon... but the onshore breeze was annoyingly cool.   It was too cold for me to go biking;  (I’d just end up with a dry and sair throat) so I decided to do some gardening;  my bi- annual cut back of the Ivy bush.   I still have more to cut back but I’m working at a ‘controlled’ speed....slowly; with regular liquid breaks.  I had hoped to go out on the bike in the afternoon but the breeze freshened and with that.... the ‘plan’ changed.   I decided to finish drawing the ‘Jock o’ Buchlyvie’ memorial slab.  This I have done.   My drawing (copied from the original by Wm Bell held in the HES archive) is more or less what I imagine the memorial slab might have looked like originally.  Wm Bell drew his sketch in 1806.... 207 years after ‘Jock’ was buried so probably had some problems with weathering and maybe even damage, because it has been moved.  The remains of the actual memorial ‘slab’ still lie in Kinneuchar cemetery....but whether ‘Jock’ now lies under it is another thing.  I finished the drawing, took a photo to let you see, and then, feeling in the mood did another wee bit o’ gardening.

According to the weather man tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day after the sun burns off the cloud;  probably about midday.  The East coast is going to be annoyed by the cool onshore breeze again.   I’ll begin my next drawing;  the floor plan  of the balconies in the converted Presbyterian kirk.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....