Westerly breeze....

9th May 2023 (Tuesday)     06.30 .... we have a quiet morrrrning with a lot of


interesting clouds around.   We’ve had a few showers overnight but they are moving away to give us a sunny and warm day by lunch time.    There’s a light breeze (F2) from the West.... and the bike has a fully charged battery.   It’s all ‘go’ at Ivy this morning.

08.30    It’s a bonnie, warm morning, so I had a wander to the beach before breakfast.... I might go out on the bike later.   I’ve been trying to break my natural habit of getting up at 05.00, but not getting out of bed until 07.00 just doesn’t work for me:  I feel that I’ve missed the best bit o’ the day;  so I’m sticking with getting up early and having a catnap in the afternoon.

10.30    It’s a drying day.... and I’m taking advantage of it.   That said .... that is the only ‘work’ I’ve done so far:  I’ll do some drawing after morrrrrrning coffee:  it’s pleasantly warm now....and will perfect in The Hutte.   I’ll consider going out on the bike after lunch.


22.15    I am a ‘happy boy’ (and a tired one);  I’ve been out on the bike twice today.   I took advantage of the wind being light, warm and from the West.  The first run was up to Chapel Green before lunch the second, later in the afternoon, up to Elie then through Elie Estate and up to Kinneuchar.    It was great being out on the bike again; unfortunately the wind is going to veer round to the East in a couple o’ days.   Not what I wanted.

 Elie Estate has that fresh look that comes with new leaves shaking off what seems to have been along winter.   I think,  when the countryside brightens up with a multitude of different greens, that this is the best time of the year.    I might go out on the bike tomorrow morrrrrrning;  light rain showers are forecast for the afternoon.

I am not watching anything on the TV tonight; last night I didn’t get into bed until 23.40.


 I’m having my chocolate as I type and will be in bed by 22.30!   Today has been very enjoyable;  but I am really tired now.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....