Bright and breezy ....

24th May 2023 (Wednesday)    08.00 .... If you are looking for fresh air this


morning we have loads to spare; it’s a bonnie morning, but there’s a frisky Westerly breeze bringing a degree or two of wind-chill with it.  A lovely morning for doing the Coastal Path so I might bike up to Chapel Green to have morning coffee .... once the air warms up a bit.   However, this is going to be mainly a drawing, catch up with the ‘ousework kind o’ day for me .... a ‘lazy’ day.

11.15   The breeze appears to be moderating so I’m going to get the bike out;  I have to go out today as the wind is veering to the Easterly direction tomorrow.... that’s not good.   We will have bonnie enough weather it’s just the drying Easterlies that I don’t like;  however I’ll see how it is on the day(s).

I have done some work this morning;  I fuelled up the car.... now I’m going to bike round The Ferry;  and maybe further.... depending on how I feel.   It’s a beautiful sunny day and it would be a pity to miss out on ‘play’ weather.

This bridge is 196 years old.

17.00    I forced myself  to go ‘out to play’.... I had a turn round The Ferry, then up to Kinneuchar for a general potter around that neck o’ the woods.   It is a beautiful day and my delicate epidermis feels sunburnt; stupidly I didn’t use the sun cream.                               
This is when the countryside looks it’s best.... a multitude of fresh greens and colourful flowers.   The hawthorn hedges are especially bonnie and fragrant at this time.  All too soon the flowers die away and berries form to give us another kind of bonniness... the first steps of summer.   Yes .... I enjoyed my turn out on the bike today;  in fact I might go out in the evening to flatten then charge the battery, so that I have a full battery for my next sortie.

20.45    Change of ‘plan’;  I’ll flatten the bike battery  when I go for the paper tomorrow morrrrrrrrning, then charge it up ready for Friday morning.   This is the ‘Whit’ weekend so the villages are going to be busy; in fact, with the weather forecast being ‘good’ for the weekend they whole of the East Neuk will be busy. 

I ended up having a ‘lazy’ day after my biking session;  I fell asleep in the afternoon,


then watched an interesting film about an oak tree.   So I’ll be buzzin’ tomorrow to make up for the lack of effort today.   I wonder what Alice is doing tomorrow?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....