Low cloud with light drizzle ....

31st May 2023 (Wednesday)      07.00 .... This morning’s ‘Master Plan’ was to


go for the paper by way of Elie Estate on the bike.... but we have low cloud and light drizzle at the moment, so the ‘MP’ was altered.    I went for the paper(s) in the car and will go biking through the estate when the ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’ weather arrives.... as per forecast.

11.00    Having been to The Store (Ainster) I am now well ready for a bonnie afternoon.    The sky is still overcast but he drizzle has stopped.    I’m planning to go out in the afternoon when the sun has broken through.    That said.... the cloud could persist along the East Coast.

I met Elizabeth in ‘The Store’:  she is looking well and.... looking forward to a holiday in the Lake District with Graham and friends.   It’s good seeing that things are getting back to ‘normal’; even the East Neuk being busier with holiday folk is good.... but I’ll have to get used to the roads being busier.   I think I deserve morning coffee now.


16.30   It has taken a long time but the sun has eventually broken through and we have a bonnie evening ahead.   I’ve been busy in The Hutte and garden, so will have the evening to go out and ‘play’.   There’s still a light breeze from the Easterly direction (in fact we’re going to have winds from that direction for a few days) so slightly cooler than it should be for this time of year;  the West coast is the place to be where the temperatures are in the low 20'sC.   We’re at 16C.

20.30   The evening did turn out as I expected, and, feeling in the need of some exercise, after sitting in the Hutte most of the afternoon, I got the bike out and had a run round the villages.   This was a change of time (and light) for me and I managed to take a few photographs.   It was pleasant, even with the East wind, .... but it was cooler than I thought it would be, suggesting that haar wasn’t far away. 

I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow other than go for the paper first thing..   There might


be a site meeting at Ferry Lodge: I don’t think I’ll be expected to be there but I’ll hang around Ivy just in case they do want to explain anything.   I could be doing with a rest day’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....