Bright and sunny .....

19th May 2023 (Friday)     07.00 .... We have a ‘bright and sunny’ start to


what is going to be a bonnie day;   there’s a light breeze (W) and the air is starting to warm up.... a perfect day for ‘work and play’.     I haven’t been out yet... the ‘plan’ is to bike up to Barnyards and visit Shona later in the morning;  stopping at the Barnett’s (baker) on the way to buy a couple o’ goodies.   I’ve already hauled some weeds out..... some of the ‘work’ for the day.

10.15   The papers have been uplifted, goodies bought for Shona:  I did all that in the car because I was in need of milk.  I’ll take off for Shona’s after morning coffee, hoping that her boyfriend isn’t visiting;  because I only bought two goodies!   It’s a beautiful morning and I’m looking forward to going out on the bike;  the afternoon will be the main working part of my day.

12.00    There’s been a change o’ plan:  I had ‘morrrrning coffee in The Hutte, read some of the paper.... then fell asleep.   Shona’s goodies will be delivered in the afternoon... and I’ll mooch a cuppa when I’m there, that way I can catch up with her news.   That is why I bought two goodies! 


The wind has freshened  in the past hour or so and appears to be backing to the East so it might be cooler later:  at the moment it’s warm.   When I think about it; I’d better go and have a ‘lite bite’ lunch before getting the bike out ....I want to be back at Ivy before the wind does go to the East.    It might bring in haar.

20.15    The breeze backed to the Southeast .... but didn’t bring in the haar so we’ve had a nice day and not too cool, even with the wind out of the easterly direction.   I biked up to Barnyards to Shona’s and we had coffee a chat (and goodie) sitting in her garden.   Shona is asthmatic and has had lingering problems since COVID.... and with pollen.    However she had been gardening earlier hence the pollen.   We enjoyed about an hour of “catching up with each other’s news” and general blethering.    Luckily the breeze, which was south-easterly by the time I left Barnyards, was only light so didn’t bother me too much on the way home.

I have a few photographs to sort out before bedtime.  Oh....my cactuses have been


looking neglected, so I gave them a real ‘thunderstorms worth of water’ half an hour ago.... they were needing it.

Alice is making Eccles Cakes so guess where I am going to be tomorrow morning.....yes .... Alice’s to have morning coffee and Eccles Cake(s).

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....