Much wetness ....

8th May 2023 (Monday)    On this date 65 years ago (1958) I arrived in Aldershot to do my two years National Service.  That was an adventure;  during which I would meet new friends, learn new skills, and, most of all ‘grow up’.   Those were the ‘good old days’.

08.30    Wellll.... it’s raining (and warm) but that was expected and today’s ‘plan’ takes


care o’ the wetness;  I’ll drop in to the History Society Exhibition at some point... and work in Ivy until sunny spells arrive in the afternoon.  

10.30    I’ve enjoyed watching the ‘Coronation Concert’  on i Player.... it was fantastic.   The whole show was out of the world .... but what they did with the drones was amazing:  The whale rising above the stand was very poignant.... and showed our new King’s understanding of and love for, mother earth.

The rain seems to have slackened off slightly.... but it’s still heavy.   It is now morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee time.

23.30    My word.... this is late for me.   I’ve been watching ‘1917’ , one of those WWI films that you just can’t stop watching.  

The weather cleared o around lunch time so I took the car along to Elie to browse my way round the History Society Exhibition.    It was a fascinating insight into how it was in Elie and Earlsferry around 1948 when King Charles was born.  There was a steady flow of visitors when I was in.  I came home by way of Kinneuchar and was well ready for a light lunch.


This afternoon was spent drawing the ground floor plan of the ‘old’ kirk at Kinneuchar.   This is the second ground floor plan I’ve done..... the first one was to get the ‘feel’ of the kirk... this one is the Rev Sime’s drawing doubled in size.   There are a few bits I still don’t quite understand but I know that he (The Rev Sime) was drawing from an actual building... so I am copying what he has drawn... x2 and neater.    I am absolutely fascinated by what I am finding.


Tomorrow I plan to make an appointment to have my hair cut at Lorraine’s.   I’m going out on Saturday (with Alice, her daughter Theresa and  Sandy Theresa’s husband) so want to look slightly ‘neater’.

This was ‘do something for the community day’ but I couldn’t think of anything I am fit enough to do.... other than sit in the Hutte and draw.   And that’s what I did.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....