Balmy morrrrrrrrning ....

20th May 2023 (Saturday)    08.15 .... It’s a quiet balmy mornin’... one of those


peaceful mornings that would have had me doing a part of the Coastal path 10 years ago.   However I have something better in mind;  Alice and Eccles cakes.   I’ll have an early morrrrrning coffee then bumble along to Methil.    ‘Sunny intervals with a light breeze’ is the weather forecast for KY9 today.... but the clouds might thicken later in the afternoon.  



21.15  My word ....after a cuppa and an Eccles Cake (home baked by Alice) we went up to Buckhaven to visit the remains of the harbour.... lost to rubbish from the Wellesley Colliery bing... and filled in eventually by Fife Council.   It’s an interesting place to visit but much has to be done to make this the real tourist attraction it should be.    Buckhaven Harbour was one of the busiest herring fishing ports in Scotland.... if not the busiest.   There’s not much to see but you get bonnie views of the Firth and the coast from the harbour site.   Alice and I are going back to have a picnic there on a better day for the camera.   We were lucky enough to meet a couple of local (Buckhaven) men out with their dog who remembered the harbour before it was filled in.... and how it was more or less abandoned to its fate by the ‘powers that be’... even at Westminster.  Buckhaven will be added to my project list!


I have my garden back;  well.... not the actual garden but the space.  The workmen made a lot of progress with the walls when I was at Methil.  It’s going to be a bonnie extension to Earls Lodge.... and won’t make that much difference to my situation once it’s all done.   I enjoy the company of the workmen, but once the walls are up I won’t be able to chat to them... except when they have to work on my side of the walls.

The weather has deteriorated and we now have light rain.... in fact we’ve had light rain since about 18.00.   It looks like it’s going to be wet all night.... and perhaps first thing tomorrow morning.   If it is wet I won’t be out on the bike first thing.   I think tomorrow is going to be a rest/drawing/ research day.

I’ve really enjoyed myself today... and I think Alice did too.   I mean.... I’m not the most


exciting person to wander about with, but we both enjoyed visiting this old harbour site.....and will be going back!   I like harbours..... even filled in ones!.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....