Misty and damp ...

7th May 2023 (Sunday)     09.30 .... We’ve had a lot of (much needed) rain


overnight and we still have occasional spells o’ drizzle, but it’s an improving sky so we should have sunny spells later.... probably round about lunch time.   I am actually thinking ‘bike’.... there’s a lot of water on the roads but it’s a calm (and warm) mornin....; so it all depends on how the weather situation develops.   I’ve been for the paper and down to the harbour;  now I am ready for breakfast.



10.00   The wind has freshened slightly  and the air feels colder with the wee bit wind chill off the sea;  so...the biking idea has been shelved and the kettle switched ‘on’.    I’ll go biking on Tuesday.... after the wind has veered to the West.  It's now time for  morrrrning coffee before loupin’ into action with the pencils.

20.00    I had a quiet day drawing, reading the paper and dozing in The Hutte.   We ended up with a bonnie afternoon but the haar was never far away .... you could feel it in the air, so I’m glad that I didn’t yield to temptation and go out on the bike.   I must admit I was sorely tempted.   Anyway I got a good bit of drawing done so I’m happy.   And I read ‘Oor Wullie and 'The Broons'.   No wonder I’m tired.


The weather for KY9 tomorrow is a bit iffy;  we’re down for ‘heavy rain and  a gentle breeze’....with the rain moving in by midnight tonight.   Pollen won’t be a problem.   It will be a good day to (it’s the last day) visit the History Society Exhibition in the Toll Green Hall tomorrow;   ‘Open’ from 10.00. - 16.00.   We should get 'sunny spells' in the afternoon.








22.45    I missed the first third of the Coronation Concert but what I did see was impressive;  all of the entertainers were famous names  (some I’ve never even heard of) but everyone at Windsor seemed to know all of them:  the crowd certainly enjoyed themselves including King Charles, Queen Camilla and other members of the Royal Family.    Luckily Alice phoned me to remind me that it was ‘on’ or I would have missed the whole show.

I’m havin’ a ‘JT’ (Janice Toddie) before going to bed as I seem to have the beginnings of


a cold;  and I don’t want that.   Put another way;  if I do have a cold I want rid of it before next weekend.   Must ‘go’ flap on... JT to make!



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....