Damp and murky .....

21st May 2023 (Sunday)      08.30 ....  The Fife Weather cams are all showing


grey on what is a damp and murky morning.     We had light rain/drizzle at 05.00 so I went back to bed for a couple of hours and, though it’s fair just now, it looks like we could get some more drizzle: it’s a bonnie morrrrrrning in a different way.  However.... it’s warm and I’m looking forward to sunny spells in the afternoon.   Plan’ for today?.... probably a lazy, drawing and research day.

15.30    The weather has been very uncooperative today;  oh... the greyness lightened up for a bit after lunch and I had high hopes of ‘sunny spells’ but, although it isn’t raining, the murkiness has returned and my ‘sunny spells’ have been shelved, until evening time I’m thinkin’.... if we get them at all.


I’ve been working in The Hutte but, without the sun, it never really warmed up;  which is why I am in Ivy, having a cuppa and doing this update.   I’ve been copying a drawing, (from a sketch by W. Bell in 1806 ... the original held in the HES Archive), of the ‘Jock of Buchlyvie, grave slab.   The William Bell that made the original sketch will most likely be an ancestor of Bill Bell who is about the same age as me;  the family lived in Barnyards (Kinneuchar) for many generations, though none of the family actually live there now.  I’ll check the Bell (Barnyards) family history later.



22.45   Welll.... it has been a funny old day;  I ended up having a migraine (weather) so had to give up on the drawing.   This has been a lazy afternoon/evening.... but did do the ironing that I have been meaning to do for the past few days.  

The Master Plan’ for tomorrow depends on the weather.....and the forecast is foe light


rain showers with a moderate breeze.  A drawing/research day I’m thinkin’.    However the wind is to veer to the West on Tuesday and I/we might need to find the sun cream for a few days.   I’m a happy boy;  sunny spells are on the way!

I’ve been wondering about AI (artificial intelligence):  Question: what if AI ends up being green, honest and peace loving?   Answer:  someone would pull the plug on it! 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....