Breezy .....

4th May 2023 (Thursday)     09.00 .... it’s ‘bright and breezy’ (wind F5 ESE on


Largo Bay) with no precipitation predicted;  a good drying day, so I have a washing going through the machine.   There are a lot of clouds around making an interesting sky.... a good day for the camera.  

I don’t have to bother about food today as we (‘The Team’) are having lunch at the 19th Hole.  I’ll hang out the washing then have breakfast.

16.00    Lunch at the 19th was excellent (as always);  with good food and good company.   The ‘pub’ was quieter than expected but Thursday is one of the quietest days of the week:  which is why we pick Thursday for our lunch dates.

The first thing I noticed when we left the 19th was that the wind had freshened; and is much colder than when I walked up to the 19th.   In fact it’s bitterly cold now.

21.00    It has been bitterly cold all afternoon;  not that I experienced much of it, as the only time I went out after coming home from the 19th, was to bring in the washing.   Even though it was too cold to potter about outside I’ve enjoyed myself;  I had a long catnap and did some more drawing.   In fact I’m going to do some more drawing after this update.... and after another cuppa.


Heavy rain with a moderate wind off the East is our weather forecast for tomorrow;  which explains the raw feel to the wind this afternoon.   I’ll make a lot of progress with the drawing project;  and I won’t be going to the beach tomorrow morning, but might drop down to the harbour when I go for the paper.   I’ll be in the car.

22.45   The build up to the Coronation continues, with people already camping out along the processional route from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey.... and back to Buckingham Palace;  so the crowds will see all the pomp and pageantry twice. Think of the photograph opportunities if you are at the front of the crowds.  The day after Prince William and Kate were married, ‘JB’ and I walked The Mall (along with thousands of


others) because The Mall was still closed to traffic.... (and I have loads of photographs taken that day).   The weather forecast for the weekend is ‘mixed’.... but I hope not too bad for the campers.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....