Cool northerly breeze ....

25th May 2023 (Thursday)    07.30 .... The thermometer is at 12C, but there’s


a cool (F3) breeze from the Northerly direction so, out in the open, it’s cooler than I thought it would be;  I’ll go biking later in the afternoon when the wind is expected to have veered to the South and the air warmer.  At the moment the sky is overcast and the air cool; it’s going to be a good drying day after the sun breaks.  After a long unbroken night’s sleep I’m feeling lively, but will resist the temptation to go biking in this cool morning air. 

09.00    The breeze has moderated and the early morning coolness has gone; when the sun breaks through we should have a lovely ‘play’ day.   I’m going to Leven and will ‘play’ in the afternoon.  When in Leven I'll find my way up to Methil and drop in to see Alice, mooch a cuppa and have a cheerful chat.   Enjoy your day.


21.45    My word it has been a bonnie day.... and warm;  20C at one point in the afternoon.    I went to Alice’s and we both went shopping (B & M’s) where I got all the items I wanted; including sketching pencils.   The ‘new’ expanded B & M’s is near enough a ‘one stop shop’ now;  it seems to have a bit of everything... and not at rip off prices.   We also went to B n Q’s where Alice bought floo’ers and paint;  from there we went back to Alice’s and had another cuppa before I set off for The Royal Burgh.

Back at Ivy I sorted out the shopping, had a snack lunch that was followed by ‘50’ in The Hutte: I must have been tired because I slept for nearly half an hour.  When I woke up I had a coffee to get me back intae gear then set about making a chicken casserole.   That’s always an hour long job for me so that took was the afternoon taken care of.  I ended up with today’s ‘denner’ and four ready meals for the freezer.

The evening had that ‘come on go out tom play’ look;  so I went up to the Chapel and generally lounged about.... and took a few photographs.   I met  Margaret, who was out for her evening walk, so we had a good old natter as we hadn’t see each other for a while.  Margaret then continued with her walk and I set off to the Pony Field on the bike.

I’ve had a busy and very enjoyable day;  tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’.   That said.... my


first job tomorrow morning will be putting the bike battery on charge.... I might want to go out in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....