Balmy morning ....

10th May 2023 (Wednesday)     07.30 .... It’s a cracker o’ a mornin’ so I’m going

Chapel Green seat waiting to be sat on.

for the paper, on the bike before breakfast .... and after I have another cuppa.     There’s a light breeze from the Southwest and the sun is warm.... a lovely start to the day.   There’s the chance of ‘light rain showers’ in the afternoon so there should be interesting clouds;  if the showers miss us I might get out on the bike again in the afternoon.      We’re in for a spell of Easterly direction winds after today.  


11.30    The paper(s) have been uplifted, prescription handed in,.... and.... I went to make an appointment to have my haircut and (this was a bit o’ luck) Lorraine was able to do it right away.  Why was it ‘a bit o’ luck’?.... because Lorraine is off on holiday and it would have been another two weeks before I got my hair cut.

Elie House from the SW.

I went out on the bike as per ‘plan’ and went up to Elie, through the estate and finished up by going  to Chapel Green;  the battery emptied just as I arrived back at Ivy (that was the intention).... so the battery is now ‘on charge’.    However, depending on the shower situation, I’ll go out in the evening.... right now it’s coffee time.




20.00    We’ve caught the edge of a few heavy showers, but we didn’t have  thunder;  if we did I slept through it.   The nearest lightning strikes were near the Forth bridges.   I didn’t go out on the bike again.... but I have a fully charged battery for the next time I do go:  however my day wasn’t wasted;  I washed the bathroom, kitchen and front lobby floors.... not a job I enjoy doing;  and spent some time on the ‘drawing board’.    It’s tricky work sorting out the pews on the ground floor plan:  you’ll see that I mean once I take a photo of it.   I have seven... or is it eight?... drawings to do.   So far I am nearly finished the second one!

I was able to photograph my first Peacock butterfly of the year yesterday at


Kinneuchar;  I’ve seen a few Peacocks over the past few weeks but this one settled long enough to have its picture taken.

The wind is going back to the Easterly direction tomorrow ... though it might be Westerly first thing.   Apart from the wind being from the East the forecast is ‘nae bad’.....’sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’.   It could be an excellent drying day.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....