Feeling frisky ....

15th May 2023 (Monday)     07.00 .... I’m feeling  frisky this morrrrning....

Temporary bridge over the River Leven.

and we have a lovely  sunny morning  to actually go out and frisk.     There’s not much of a breeze and the tide is out (HT 11.50) so there’s a big beach for wandering about on.... and it’s warm in the sun.    The wind will freshen later so it should be a good drying day.

21.30   It has been a ‘good drying day’, though we did have plenty showers around most of the afternoon.... and caught the edge of a couple.   Anyway my washing dried nae bother.   In fact I might iron it after this update.

I’ve had a lovely day celebrating Alice’s 25th (?) birthday;  we didn’t go out as Alice had family dropping in over the day, so it was just a really happy ‘family birthday’ occasion.   Yes .... we had cake!   We plan to go to Dysart at some other date once the warmer weather settles in.

....birthday girl.

On the way to Methil I went into the Leven Prom car park (West end) and took some photographs of the temporary bridge that’s being used while the Bawbee Brig is being updated.   As far as I can see the new Leven railway Station is going to be just south of the west end of the Bawbee Brig.   There’s a lot of engineering work going on around that area at the moment.

Talking ....er ... writing about work reminds me that progress moving fast at Earls Lodge and the new build walls are beginning to look ... well... like walls.   It will look good when it’s all finished;  and, I imagine at the rapid rate of progress, it  will be finished before the end of the summer.  Obviously there will be a lot of work to be done internally once the walls are up, but it’s all happening .... and all very exciting.

When I as taking photographs at Leven I was happy to swans (Mute) feeding at the

River Leven.

mouth of the River Leven.   Not that many years ago the River Leven was heavily polluted, so it was good seeing the river being ‘fit for purpose’ for wildlife again.

I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow but I must take a turn up to Kinneuchar to take a few photos that I want.  The weather forecast is ‘light rain showers and a moderate breeze’ ... not much different from today’s weather;  it will be breezier.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....