Overcast and cold ....

5th May 2023 (Friday)   07.00 ....All  the Fife Weather cams are grey this


morrrrrrrrrrrrrning, but it isn’t raining though light rain is forecast for KY9.  The wind (F3-4 just now) continues from the Easterly direction and is cold with a raw feel to it.   As usual I am hoping for ‘sunny spells’ later, but I suspect they might be few and far between... if any.   I won’t be going to the beach.  

08.00 .... The bucket cairts were in Elie and Earlsferry this morning when I went for the paper;  but the maist exciting ‘thing’ I met was the concrete delivery system wagon that will pour the concrete slab(s) at Earls Lodge.   I have a busy day ahead with the camera... and the kettle!   There’s some very light rain/drizzle just now but not enough to hinder the concrete operation.  

It’s all happening today: There’s a  ‘King’s Coronation Souvenir’ pullout in today’s Courier (and in other papers) and the concrete pouring ‘hose wagon’ has been set up  and  waiting for the concrete to arrive; all this is adding to my general state o’ excitement.  I’m a happy boy!    Oh... the has drizzle stopped;  it's fair and cold now.


10.00   The first load o’ concrete has been poured;  the next load is on its way.... and so on until the job is done .   It’s fascinating seeing how it is all done;  there a buzz about as ‘the troops’ go about their individual parts o’ the whole job... and beepin’ from electronic gadgetry that’s monitoring something.   It’s a messy job right enough; but watching an efficient team working is relaxing .... and tiring:  I need my morrrrrrrrning coffee.






20.45   My word.... this has been an interesting day;  hard work for the workmen but interesting for me!    I think it will be a week or so before they can do much on top of the concrete... I think it has to cure.    Mind you that is the foundation for the new build so it will take shape rapidly once they can get going.

I was ‘working’ too.... drawing the Ground Floor plan of the 1818 Kinneuchar kirk as


sketched and drawn by the Rev. Sime (Historic Environment Scotland Archive).   Sorting out the pew set up took a bit o’ time but everything is how the Rev. Sime has it .... only twice as big.   I’ll finish off the Ground floor plan before starting on the balconies.   Tomorrow I am going along to ‘annoy’ Alice.... and  to watch the Coronation on her big screen tele.   I’m a happy boy.;  and a tired one!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....