Cool and Overcast ....

2nd May 2023 (Tuesday)     07.00 .... All the Fife Weather cams are  uniformly


‘grey’  this morrrrrrrrning;  but it is early.... and the Kinghorn camera might just be showing a glimmer of brightness over the Pentland Hills.   We could get sunny spells in the afternoon.    There’s a light Easterly breeze so it’s not nearly as warm as it was at this time yesterday morning, when the breeze was from the Westerly direction.  (It veered to the East in the middle of the day).    At least it’s dry....  but not good biking weather (for me).  ‘Slight Flap On’..... I haven’t had a cuppa yet!

10.30   I went out early to catch the postie emptying the box at Toll Green at 09.00:  however the indicated time is not when he’s going to be there emptying the box... it’s the recommended time to have your letters in the box.   By the way, The Toll Green Post Box is from the King George V era.   Anyway I missed the postie but have load o’ Toll Green (and surrounding area) photos to ‘play with later.   And I remembered to pick up the paper.   It's morrrrrrrrrrning coffee time.


18.45  The builders working at Earls Lodge have had a busy day.... and.... this boy has been busy too.   I haven’t been doing hard work like the builders but I have made good progress with the Kinneuchar Kirk drawings.   The hardest bit is deciphering the Rev Sime’s drawing of the pre Reformation kirk.   The building the Rev Sime was sketching etc, was the building  after it had been ‘transformed’ from the pre Reformation kirk, into one that would suit Presbyterian ‘rools’.  One thing I do know;  the old kirk had four arches on each  side of the Nave, and a North and South aisle.   It was a substantial and, I imagine, a bonnie building.   Of course we’ll never know ‘iggzactly’ how it looked; but the Rev Sime was drawing from a building that was there at the time (1818). The alterations that the Presbyterians made to the ‘old kirk’, to turn it into one that suited the new way of doing things, did not make a bonnie building:  an interesting one maybe.... but not bonnie.    You will see what I mean once I get all the drawing (and writing) done.

22.30   I have tricky job to do before bedtime;  set my watch at the correct date.   After a


month that has 31 days in it I need to do this.... and it has to be at this time of night.    Slight  ‘Flap On’ now!   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....