....another bonnie morning.

30th May 2023 (Tuesday)     09.00.... This is definitely a sun-cream day; 


bright and sunny with an Easterly breeze... and I haven’t been out on the bike.   I’ll do that in the evening when everything is quieter.    I’m hoping to do a longer run in the next few days .... especially if the weather stays  warm and sunny.   I’m thinking of Colinsburgh and Balcarres.

20.30   It has been a cracker o’ day and I have enjoyed it.  The roads were busy when I went to Methil;  and even busier on the way home.  Driving isn’t as enjoyable now as it was before COVID:  there always seems to be someone in hurry.   When driving along and you check the rear view mirror and see a pair of eyeballs.... that’s unnerving.....and that’s driving in the East Neuk nowadays. 


I had a relaxing few hours with Alice... and her daughter’s Izzy and Theresa who dropped by (at different times).   There was much chatting, laughter and drinking of tea.  Alice and I also visited Marilyn, one of the neighbours who lives in the same, quiet, cul de sac.  

The roads on the journey home were, as I have already said, busy.... in both directions and I was well ready for a cuppa when I got back to Ivy.

I haven’t done much in the way of ‘work’ today but did a couple of Sudoku’s.   And fell asleep.  However, Gerry and his ‘Team’ have been busy at Ferry Lodge and a building is starting to take shape:  it’s interesting seeing it all happen.  All that work makes me feel guilty so I will make an effort of some kind tomorrow..... with the pencils.

I haven’t been out on the bike today but will go out tomorrow; the roads will be quieter. 


 I travel on ‘main’ roads only when I can’t avoid doing so... and early in the morning.  ‘Sunny intervals with a moderate breeze (E)’ is the forecast so it should be much like it was today; but it could be cloudier and cooler along the North Sea Coast.   I wonder if that means be haar?

I’m tired tonight and well ready for bed.... though not just immediately.   I’ll make the chocolate and browse the TV channels after this update.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....