Bonnie mornin' .....

 29th May 2023 (Monday)    10.30 ....  I enjoyed the paper run this morning; 

'Hermione' with the troops in tow. 

the weather was (and still is) perfect with a bonnie early morning light for the camera.... with photographs jumpin’ out at me all the way round.    And I remembered to pick up the paper.     We have one happy boy at Ivy.... who is now  ready for morrrrrrrrning coffee before doing any ‘work’.   Enjoy you day....actually it’s a  it’s a ‘play’ day.  I might leave the ‘work’ until later.


19.38   (That was a good year)    I could get used to this kind of weather.... even with the East wind.   Apart from falling asleep in The Hutte for half an hour, I’ve had a busy and enjoyable day.   I cut down a Pendulous Sedge that I want rid of... and will have a go at uprooting the roots tomorrow.   Actually it’s hard to believe how Pendulous Sedge came into the garden but I am going to well you anyway.   The only place I have seen this sedge, in recent years, is at the Balcarres Sawmill pond.... and I can only think that O picked up

some of the tiny seeds on my feet and they took root in the garden.   It only takes one plant to seed and grow and they spread all over the place in ‘nae time’.  I think it would be about seven years ago that I noticed the first plant .... and let it grow because they do look bonnie.   The ‘flower stems’ look like fishing rods, with the seed head dangling at the tip: when the wind blows they wave around and scatter the seeds.   And they spread.   Anyway I think I have just got rid of the last one.



21.30   I seem to have been active all day today; gardening, ‘ousework and drawing.  There was ‘time out’ when I read the paper and fell asleep in the afternoon;  but I feel happy and content with today’s efforts.

Tomorrow I’m looking forward to visiting and having lunch at Alice’s; tomorrow is going


to be a ‘relax and rest’ day. ‘Sunny with a moderate breeze’ is the weather forecast; it will be an excellent drying day and I don’t have anything in the machine.  We are coming into a reasonable spell of settled weather.... the only problem being the Easterly wind direction.... and even an East wind shouldn’t be much of a problem with light winds and a sunny day.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....