Onshore breeze ....

26th May 2023 (Friday)   08.15.... There’s a cool onshore breeze but once the


sun burns off the cloud we should have another bright and sunny day;  the wind direction being the only problem.   This is going to be a ‘potter around Ivy’ day but I will take ‘time out’ to have short run out on the bike in the afternoon.   That reminds me .... I have the bike battery to put ‘on charge’.

09.15   The bike battery is ‘on charge’ and I am about to have an early morning coffee.... before doing some ‘ousework.    When I was out sorting out the bike I noticed that the breeze off the water is not warm;  in fact it’s cauld!

20.00    We’ve had a bonnie day.... but the onshore breeze took a few degrees off the temperature and spoiled what could have been a warm day.   I never went further than the front gate but I have been busy;  I even did some ‘ousework: Alice is coming along tomorrow.   Ivy Cottage has the man – cave look so I’m trying to sort of.... de man cave it.   Not very successfully I might add because I got diverted into drawing in the afternoon.

The villages are busy but not as busy as I thought they might be;  I guess the cooler air kept people away from the beach.   The beach was not the warmest place to be today. 


I have a fully charged battery on the bike and I’m looking forward to a wee adventure someday next week.   I’ll bike up to Elie for the paper early tomorrow morning (before the roads get busy);  then take the car to meet Alice off the 11.00 bus.   Sunny intervals with a fresh breeze is the weather forecast for us tomorrow... with the breeze being from the Westerly direction it should feel warmer on the beach.... but probably won't.   Actually May has been a cool month this year;  usually we have more warm, almost summer like days in May. 

21.30     Tonight I am going to bed at my normal time;  last night I was later because I watched ‘New Tricks’ and didn’t get to bed until midnight.  There will be a ‘flap on’ tomorrow morrrrning;  I’ll have to do a quick ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ before picking up Alice.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....