Quiet morrrrrrrrrrrrning ....

3rd May 2023 (Wednesday)    08.00.... the Fife Weather cams are mostly


showing an overcast sky.... but there are promising signs on the Kinghorn camera.    Just now we have a calm peaceful morning;  yes, the sky is overcast, but there’s only a light breeze so nae wind chill to bother about .... and I’m expecting sunny spells by lunch time.  If I thought it would work I’d skip breakfast and have an early lunch!   It is a nice morning ....and the air feels warm;  I might have a wander to the beach before the wind freshens.

10.00    The tide was out and the sun breaking through as I enjoyed a slow wander along to the Cockstail Rocks then up to the bents, where I met Angela, out for a morning walk with Alfie.   Angela and I caught up with each other’s ‘news, then went our separate ways home, for breakfast.    It is warm and I was wrapped up ready for a cold snap;  the cold snap never came and I ended up swe ... er ... perspiring.   I’ve had breakfast.... now I’m thinkin’ morning coffee!


21.00    It’s been a pleasant day.... especially the morning.   The onshore breeze freshened after lunch and took a couple o’ degrees off the temperature.... but I was in the Hutte and well out of any breeze.

I am looking forward to watching the Coronation on Saturday;  I’m going along to Alice’s to watch it on her big screen tele.  Oh I know all the talk about the money being spent on the Coronation could be better spent elsewhere: personally I think the money we spend on Trident could be better spent elsewhere ....and .... I can’t think of a single politician that I’d like to be President of the UK.  Actually I have thought of one politician that I’d like as our President....Jacinda Ahern.   Unfortunately she is a New Zealander!   Anyway I am looking forward to Saturday (yes I am a Royalist); no country can do pomp and pageantry like the good old UK.   Alice and I have our Union Flag plates and mugs etc.... and Elderflower fizzy stuff (non alcoholic).  We will enjoy watching an historic event. 

It’s going to be cloudier and windier tomorrow.... but no mention of precipitation.   ‘The


Team’ (Kirsty, Myra and me) are going to the 19th for lunch tomorrow..... Geoff would have been 80 this month.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....