Lovely morning ......

23rd May 2023 (Tuesday)    09.00 .... I’ve been for the paper (and got it) and


down to the harbour, on the bike.   It’s a cracker’ o’ a mornin’;  we have a good weather forecast for KY9; ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze (W) and precipitation is not expected’.... it is a ‘play’ day.   And there’s abig beach just now (the tide is going out).

I’m going to Methil to annoy Alice (and look at old maps of Buckhaven Harbour);  after that the ‘plan’ is to go to the Bargain Store for some retail therapy.    


19.00    My word....this has been a bonnie day and a busy one.   The weather has been perfect .... apparently this is the first of a number of ‘perfect’ summer like days;  so let’s enjoy them.


As planned I went to Methil to Alice’s, where we had a cuppa before going to the ‘Bargain Store’ (the ‘Cheap Shop’....‘cheap’ as in the name of the store ... ‘Bargain’).   We did our shopping then went back to Alice’s for a blether.... in her (tidy) garden.   I mention ‘tidy’ because Ivy garden isn’t.   Tidy i.e.   It was very agreeable sitting chatting;  sort of in an ‘auld fashioned’ kind of way.

After a bowl of soup followed by cake and another cuppa I bumbled my way back home.    Myra and David came down the road as I was taking stuff (my retail therapy) into Ivy so I chatted to them, and we had a look at the works in the back garden.   Myra and David went off home to take Rosie for a walk round the Chapel;  I put the kettle ‘on’ and was asleep in front of the tele in ‘nae time’.   I must have been tired cos I slept for an hour and a half.

I had thought of going out on the bike again but decided against that as I am in drawing mode.   The kettle is ‘on’ and I’ll take a cuppa out to the Hutte.   Actually I had a migraine earlier so I’ll take a couple migraine pills.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....